Most drinks you find in the supermarket are sweetened with sugar, fructose, or artificial sweeteners. Beverages that are less sweet can satisfy your thirst without adding a lot of calories. This iced tea can be made exactly how you like it and is a perfect sugar-free alternative to sugary drinks.
Receta cortesía de Liesbeth Smit
Tiempo de preparación 15 min.
Sirve 2 litros
- 1 liter water
- 2 tea bags (choose a green tea or an herbal tea that you like)
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 liter unsweetened seltzer
- Ice cube
- Boil water. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Add the tea bags and half of the mint leaves and let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes. This will make a less bitter tea infusion, which is perfect for iced tea.
- Squeeze the lemons and limes, reserving a few slices for decoration. Add the lemon and lime juice to the tea infusion. When the mixture has cooled down, add the cucumber slices and the rest of the mint leaves.
- Mix 1 part of the tea infusion with 1 part seltzer just before serving. Decorate with mint leaves, a lime or lemon slice, and some cucumber slices.
SOURCE: HARVARD T.H. CHAN – SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH